Tuesday 2 September 2014

"MEN OF MYSTERY" Burning At Baiame Cave - Part One Post One

With such a wealth of material already drawn over the past three decades I was somewhat at a loss as to what adventure to start posting first, and what would look good over the next few weeks to show what "Mooretoons" are really all about.
 
Quality was also an issue. It may be that at some point I post scans of my old hand-drawings but they aren't all that great in many cases, and those stories I did think were entertaining I've since retold using either updated computer-enhanced characters or incorporated as part of totally new adventures. As a result I figured something recent would probably be the best place to begin. But what subject matter...?
 
Super-heroes seems like a good bet, as they appear to be especially popular at the moment, and as I'm currently working on my seventh season of "Alternate Heroes" tales I've certainly got plenty to post; not counting four years worth of "Heroes Of Godwinson" stuff too. However I've very recently sent one of these stories, an eight-pager, to a fellow blogger and although fun, I felt it necessary to write out a 'story so far' introduction for him as part of the PDF. I don't really want to do that here and now so below is the first post of the three it'll take to cover Part One of "Burning At Baiame Cave".

This is the opening tale of "Men Of Mystery", a series I started to write and draw last year, and which I'm only now currently finishing off. Interestingly, to me at least, I created this particular collection of stories to try and do something different with my trusty "Mooretoons" formula. So as a result some of the plots are a little weirder and the movement of the characters a little more exaggerated as I try and breathe some dynamic life into some of the panels.
 
Hopefully the adventures of Doctor Horton will hook you and you'll be back for more. I'll post up another four panels tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment