Wednesday 10 September 2014

"MEN OF MYSTERY" Burning At Baiame Cave - Part Three Post Two

I must confess to having been rather disappointed with how some of these panels initially turned out. The original superimposed heavy rain effect detracted quite a bit from the sudden demise of Miss Kyle and the first (supposedly colourful) appearance of Dhakken, the Rainbow Serpent. As a result I subsequently replaced the rainfall filter with this far lighter layer making it far easier to see what is taking place within the panels.
 
As I’ve mentioned before I wanted to do some things a little differently with the “Men Of Mystery” series, so instead of showing Doctor Horton simply being swallowed by the Rainbow Serpent, I’ve tried in the final panel to show his ‘journey’ down the reptile’s throat. In order to try and do this I’ve even utilised an actual photograph of the inside of a stomach as the background.
 
Eaten alive by the Rainbow Serpent, Doctor Horton faces a slow painful death. But instead of this being his end, could it actually be the beginning of something heroic..?

No comments:

Post a Comment